Starting your weight loss journey can be intimidating without the right help. For some, past failed attempts at dieting or sticking to an exercise regimen can make starting the process of losing weight seem pointless, but for others, genetic or medical reasons that prevent them from losing weight can be a huge hurdle keeping them from making progress. Fortunately, custom medication for weight loss can be a powerful yet safe way to return to a healthy weight.
Compounding Pharmacy of America understands the wide range of personal factors that may be making weight loss difficult for you. Our compounding technology can help you access personalized medications that address your weight while considering other aspects of your health.
Maintaining a Healthy Weight
The reasons people choose to lose weight can range from cosmetic to medical. Taking off a couple of pounds here and there at the gym can be good for self-esteem, but it can also help those looking to get into things like powerlifting or bodybuilding, which require maintaining a specific physique. Most importantly, medical issues like high cholesterol or diabetes can make losing weight necessary to maintain or improve health.
Weight loss can also be used as a necessary safety precaution for some procedures. Typically recommended for certain types of surgery or alongside different diagnoses, losing weight is necessary to properly execute the procedure. In these cases, those who need surgery will typically be told by their doctor that they need to lose a certain amount of weight before starting their surgery.
How to Lose Weight
Losing weight depends on the individual, and some methods are more conducive to healthy weight loss than others. Something as simple as a diet change or increased activity can yield positive results, but many people need more proactive interventions.
Some of the most common ways to lose weight include:
Diet and Exercise
If you want to lose weight, the first things a physician may recommend are a healthier diet and increased exercise. Dieting and exercise are most successful when combined with efforts to start understanding how your body processes food and what exercises can be done to promote weight loss. For example, reducing or eliminating meat can eliminate a substantial portion of saturated fats, which can lead to weight loss.
In some cases, diet and exercise are not enough to sustain weight loss. Surgeries like gastric bypass or a gastric sleeve can help people struggling to lose weight. These surgeries change the stomach and digestive tract, so you are unable to eat the same amount of food and begin to lose weight. These weight loss surgeries are typically the most effective in people who are considered morbidly obese and are often used alongside strategic diet and exercise programs.
Weight Loss Therapy
For some people, weight gain is attributed to consistent overeating or even binge eating, which is an eating disorder that requires therapy to address. Typically, therapeutic programs start with coaching to address problems that contribute to weight gain, but they will also incorporate an exercise schedule and diet plan into the treatment plan to help facilitate the recovery process. Weight loss therapy can also be less intensive, but these programs rely on mental coaching as much as they do physical wellness and dietary restrictions, which can be hard to adapt to for some people.
Weight Loss Medications
One of the most effective ways to facilitate weight loss is by using medical weight loss treatments. Taking prescription weight loss medication is directly targeted at burning fat, working with your body to help eliminate fat independently of or in addition to other medical, diet, or exercise-related efforts. Custom medication for weight loss can also be formulated to help match your specific needs, including medications for other conditions, helping you access treatments that are uniquely formulated for your body.
Why Prescription Weight Loss Treatments?
Losing weight can start with changing your diet or adding exercise routines to burn more calories and eliminate fat. These exercise routines have yielded favorable results for many people, but this is not the case for everyone looking to lose weight. Illnesses, genetic predispositions, and even age can put you at odds with traditional diet and exercise routines.
In addition, outside factors like stress or sleeping issues can also make losing weight with diet and exercise more difficult. No matter your reason for losing weight or the conditions preventing you from doing so, pharmaceutical solutions may be necessary to achieve your intended result. Our weight loss compounding pharmacy and the Compounding Pharmacy of America online shop can be the resources you need to finally begin your weight loss journey.
Pharmaceutical Weight Loss Treatments
Weight loss can be difficult, especially when you are facing medical conditions that render you unable to lose weight from diet and exercise alone. Weight loss treatments can be used in these cases to help facilitate weight loss in a way that works with your body and your existing medical conditions. Medications can help encourage weight loss despite the conditions that caused you to gain weight in the first place.
Some of the most common reasons for weight gain that are treated with weight loss medication include:
What Weight Loss Plan Is Best?
If you have struggled with losing weight, running tests to see what may be causing issues and preventing weight loss can be imperative to find a healthy way to move forward. Compounding Pharmacy of America provides Weight Management Test Kits that can help you determine your personal weight loss needs. By analyzing the hormone amounts that are in a blood sample and saliva sample, these kits can help test for specific imbalances in your endocrine system that can contribute to weight gain.
You’ll submit a blood and urine sample, and the weight management profile will test progesterone, estradiol, testosterone, cortisol, dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, and thyroid stimulating hormone, plus insulin, A1c, vitamin D, and more. The test could reveal things like insulin resistance, metabolic issues, and pre-diabetes. Additional test panels can test for cardiovascular issues or thyroid function.
Common Weight Loss Treatments and Supplements
If you’ve learned you have a specific issue, weight loss treatments may be your next step. Compounding Pharmacy of America recommends considering these common weight loss treatments, depending on your current weight, other health conditions, and hormone levels.
- Semaglutide – Often used to treat type 2 diabetes, semaglutide is an injectable medication that promotes insulin creation in the body, working as an appetite suppressant and digestion aid that causes weight loss. These regimens are usually reserved for those facing chronic obesity instead of those looking for simple weight loss.
- Metformin – Similar to semaglutide, metformin is also typically given to patients with type 2 diabetes but can be used for weight loss. Available as an injectable medication, metformin helps control blood sugar spikes by making the body more reactive to insulin, regulating blood sugar levels.
- Bupropion/Nnltrexone – Used on-label to combat depression, bupropion can also help balance levels of norepinephrine and dopamine, which can lead to overeating when unbalanced. For smokers, bupropion is often used to help reduce cravings, and when coupled with naltrexone, these two compounds can help patients lose weight.
- Phentermine/Totpiramate – Both phentermine and topiramate work to help suppress appetite while extending feelings of being full, allowing users to avoid overeating or eating when not hungry. Marketed together as Topamax, this medication can be dosed in multiple strength levels depending on the needs of the patient.
- Super Burn – Super Burn oral supplements combine some of the most common weight loss medications alongside B vitamins. Together, Bupropion, Phentermine, Topiramate, Naltrexone, and methylcobalamin can help you stay energized and lose weight effectively.
- Ultra Burn – This combination of amino acids, vitamins, and metabolic support can facilitate weight loss by preventing fat accumulation.
- Mega Burn – Similar to our Ultra Burn, Mega Burn is formulated as either an injectable or oral blend of vitamins and compounds to help promote fat burning while improving muscle gains. For those looking to support an exercise routine, Mega Burn can provide the metabolic support needed to retain muscle and get rid of fat.
- EGCG – EGCG or Epigallocatechin-3-gallate, is a natural polyphenol that helps promote natural weight loss. Functioning similarly to antioxidants, these compounds help keep your energy high while helping stabilize and limit blood sugar spikes, inflammation, and heart problems.
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Weight Loss Management
You need personalized care for effective weight management, and Compounding Pharmacy of America can help. Whether you are searching for a supplement or a way to combine weight loss and treatment for an existing medical condition, our compounding pharmacists can formulate a unique prescription for you based on your unique diagnosis and needs.